RootRadar is pleased to offer
ScopeShield OD (ophthalmic) is a patent-pending universal personal protective device designed for all ophthalmic slit-lamp biomicroscopes.
Our innovative design provides clinician protection from potentially infectious viruses and patient splatter while allowing the clinician direct visual access to the slit-lamp microscope eyepieces without the need for a face shield. Our proprietary materials are hypoallergenic and our transparent design offers direct visualization of the patient and accompanying armamentarium - all while providing needed protection. It's easy to mount and easy to remove.
ScopeShield (ophthalmic) comes conveniently prepackaged with volume discounts:
Package of 3 ScopeShields for $99.95
Package of 7 ScopeShields for $214.95
Package of 10 ScopeShields for $299.95
Properties and Features
Providing excellent ophthalmic care with your slit-lamp biomicroscope while maintaining consistent operator protection and efficiency is challenging during these unprecedented times!
ScopeShield (ophthalmic) maintains a seal around the microscope eyepiece optics at various interpupillary distances and provides operator protection and safety. Our patent-pending multiple material design is gentle to your microscope eyepiece optics and our proprietary materials are hypoallergenic. The innovative design provides direct access to microscope optics adjustments, direct visualization of the patient, the procedure, and accompanying armamentarium.
Indications for Use
ScopeShield (ophthalmic) is designed for ophthalmic exams that are performed with a slit-lamp biomicroscope. For optimal protection, ScopeShield (ophthalmic) is designed as a single-use personal protective product that should be disposed of after each patient.
Instructions for Use
Mounting the ScopeShieldTM to your microscope:
1) Align your slit-lamp biomicroscope.
2) Remove the protective film covering from your ScopeShield (on the non-logo side) and align pre-cut openings with the optics of the microscope.
3) Insert the first pre-cut opening to the corresponding microscope optic.
4) Insert the second pre-cut opening to the corresponding microscope optic.
5) Adjust the microscope interpupillary distance.
6) You're ready to see your patient!
1) My ScopeShield (ophthalmic) slightly curves in with an extremely small interpupillary distance setting of my microscope - is this normal?
Yes, ScopeShield (ophthalmic) is designed to accommodate varying interpupillary distances within typical ranges but you may notice slight curving with extremely small (or large) interpupillary microscope settings.
2) How do I dispose of my ScopeShield after a patient procedure?
ScopeShield (ophthalmic)is a single-use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and should be disposed of in accordance with state and CDC guidelines. For complete CDC guidelines on using PPE click here.
Please contact us here for ScopeShield customization options and pricing.