by KEVIN KUO
BuzzFeed produced a fun video with dentists answering common questions asked by patients. Some of those questions include:
- How to communicate while getting dental work done?
- Have patients done weird things?
- What is the best way to whiten your teeth?
- What is the weirdest thing you've found in your patients' teeth?
- What food can dye your teeth?
- Is biting your nails bad for your teeth?
- Options if you don't have dental insurance?
- Thoughts on charcoal toothpaste?
- Would you recommend at-home teeth whitening?
The three dentists featured are the following:
Dr. Roderick Lucente:
"Dr. Roderick Lucente is originally from the Bay Area having completed his undergraduate studies in the Biological Sciences from the University of California, Davis. He pursued his dental education at Boston University Goldman’s School of Dental Medicine. He refined his dental expertise at Interfaith Medical Center Department of Dentistry completing a general practice residency where he returned to teach as an attending. Dr. Lucente likes to keep up-to-date on the latest dental technology by attending continuing education classes as well as being a member of the American Dental Association." (1)
Dr. Jennifer Reyes:
"Hello and welcome to Fifty-Seven 57 Dental! I’m Dr. Jennifer Reyes. I attended the College of Dental Medicine at Columbia University here in New York City, and completed my residency in General Dentistry at the Interfaith Medical Center in Brooklyn, New York. I maintain close ties to my dental alma mater, where I am involved in their Mentor Program and serve as an Instructor in Clinical Dental Medicine. I am an active member of the American Dental Association, the Woman to Woman Dentist Network, and the New York County Dental Society, in whose Mentor Program I also participate. When I’m not practicing or teaching dentistry, I enjoy baking, lifting weights, spin class, singing, playing the violin, and hanging out with my pet gecko, Pongo." (2)
Dr. Theressa Eliscar:
"Dr. Theressa L. Eliscar, a New York native, attended Adelphi University, where she earned her BS in Biology. She received her DDS from Howard University College of Dentistry in Washington, DC. After completing studies at Howard, Dr. Eliscar went on to complete one year of a General Practice Residency at Interfaith Medical Center in Brooklyn, NY. She is currently serving as a chief resident at Interfaith Medical Center where she is mastering her clinical skills while serving the community. Dr. Eliscar believes in giving back to the community as well as being an active participant in organized dentistry. She has participated in numerous service events locally and globally, including the ADA Mission of Mercy, as well as providing dental services to children at an orphanage in Ti Riviere, Haiti. She maintains a continued presence at community action-oriented events focused on oral health care. While she is very committed to her profession, she still makes time to serve as the social media chair of the local Greater NY NDA Metropolitan chapter." (3)
You can watch the video here.
1. About – Cosmetic & Family Dentistry in East Village, New York City, Doctor Lucente, DDS. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://doctorlucente.com/about/
2. “Jennifer N Reyes DDS.” Fifty-Seven 57 Dental, www.57dental.com/jennifer-n-reyes-dds/.
3. Theressa Eliscar. (n.d.). Retrieved April 29, 2019, from https://www.linkedin.com/in/theressa-eliscar-0291ba5a/